Outdoor Activities And Nature
Eco-holidays for all
The region of Ubatuba is a protected seaside area providing shelter to an exceptional wildlife.
Whether you are travelling as a family, as a couple, with friends or alone, Ubatuba and the Sertão do Ubatumirim are perfect destinations to enjoy a relaxing or sports stay, or holidays in contact with nature.
During your stay at Orityba Eco-Camping, you will have the opportunity to enjoy a variety of outdoor activities at the heart of an unspoilt natural environment.
- Bathing at la Laje and Tombador waterfalls (in the Sertão do Ubatumirim) or Prumirim waterfall (at km 30 of the BR 101 road (Rio-Santos)), to name a few;
- Swimming or lazing about on Ubatumirim, Estaleiro, Almada and Picinguaba beaches, only minutes away from the campground by foot, by bike or by car;
- Boat trips around various islets, especially das Couves islet (departure point from Picinguaba beach);
- Discovering the sea bed on the glass-bottom boat;
- Stand up paddle.
- Birdwatching: birdwatchers and ornithologists particularly enjoy the region of Ubatuba where they can observe a range of rare bird species;
- Hiking in the Mata Atlântica forests of the Serra do Mar natural park, especially up the Corcovado peak;
- Mountain biking;
- Adventure sports near Paraty: abseiling, tree climbing, zip-lining, kayaking, canyoning (click here for more information).
Surfing, a real passion in the region
Did you know that Ubatuba is known as “Brazil’s surf capital“?!
The region of Ubatuba counts more than 90 unique beaches, each more beautiful than the last: some of them are accessible by car, while some other wilder beaches are only accessible on foot. Surfing is one of the most popular outdoor activities in the region.
Both amateur and professional surfers can enjoy the waves of the many diverse beaches of Ubatuba, where national and international surf championships are organized each year.
Click here to see the best beaches of the northern shore and surfing conditions.