How to find us
To see our address and our location on the map, click here (Contact page).
The Sertão do Ubatumirim is located between km 16 and 17 of the BR 101 road (also known as Rio-Santos), only 1,5 km away from Estaleiro beach. Our campground is 250 m away from the entrance to the Sertão.
The geographic location of the camping is very convenient (North of Ubatuba, on the forest side): it is located in the opposite direction of the traffic jams during the high season!
You will find a 56 ha property at the heart of a luxuriant forest. Orityba Eco-camping offers a limited number of camping areas in order to protect both nature and your privacy.
Each camping area features the following facilities:
- a lawned, wooded and shaded area
- wood decks and roofs to protect your tent in case of rain (if the dimensions of your tent do not exceed 3 x 3 m, you will be able to set it up on the covered wood decks)
- a barbecue area
- a water source
- an electrical outlet (220 V)
- a wood table and wooden benches
For your comfort, the campground is equipped with bathroom facilities, including 4 dry toilets, sinks and 4 showers (2 of them have hot water).
As the camping is situated in the forest, we advise you to bring a pair of trousers, closed shoes and insect repellent.
Our property is bordered by the Iriri River and its numerous beaches, where you will enjoy taking a refreshing dip.
Many free parking areas are exclusively available for campers. The campground offers 24/7 security services. We also offer our clients the possibility to rent tents. Please get in touch with us for more information!
Please click on the pictures below to discover our camping areas:
A Praça dos Encontros (Our communal space)
“A Praça dos Encontros” is a large and attractive lawned area, where you can have fun, enjoy a meal or simply relax.
This area is composed of:
- Alofa Tele Bar Industry: a 360° bar, open in the evening, serving both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. The Alofa Tele concept was imported from New Caledonia, a French island in the South Pacific. Our Specialty? Creating and preparing delicious cocktails, with or without alcohol!
- a communal kitchen, equipped with a wood-fired oven, a microwave oven, 2 large barbecue areas, sinks, a fridge and a wood stove;
- a stage, used for the different musical and cultural events that we organize throughout the year;
- a covered area to enjoy meals and relax outdoor, even if it rains.
Evening meals and/or breakfast can be served on reservation only. If you are a vegetarian, have allergies or other special needs, we will do our best to make the necessary arrangements. Please contact our team for more information!
You will also find a playground and a sandpit with a mini-excavator for children, small hiking trails, chillout areas and a fire pit at Orityba Eco-Camping.
Please click on the pictures below to discover A Praça dos Encontros:
What is birdwatching?
It is the observation of birds in their natural habitat, the perfect activity for nature lovers…
Bird-watchers will have the opportunity to observe a wide range of endemic and rare birds from the Mata Atlântica forest, that come and visit the campground to feed from the different palm and fruit trees.
The region shelters more than 500 different bird species, among the 1800 species existing in Brazil. For this reason, the city of Ubatuba organizes every year a special event, called “Ubatuba Birds“, where birwatchers gather to share their passion.
We are committed to protecting this fragile ecosystem, by planting trees and growing our own vegetable garden in accordance with the principles of permaculture.